Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A long time ago...

The video below has so many things that I love in it that my head is about to explode. Scroll down and watch it and when you get back I should have calmed down a bit.


Back already? You didn't watch the whole thing, did you? Whatever, your loss.


All right. I've calmed down enough to explain why that dated looking video is so exciting to me. Where to start? I guess I'll just make a list of the things I love.


  1. Star wars
  2. "Making of..." videos
  3. Computer animation
  4. Star Wars
  5. Special Effects
  6. Videos with super old computers in them
  7. Star Wars
  8. Examples of computer graphics dating back to 1976
  9. Videos that show us what it was like "Back then"
  10. Star Wars
  11. Film history
  12. The history of computer graphics
  13. Star Wars
  14. Hearing someone saying things like: "That technology didn't exist so we had to invent it."

The video below shows a Star Wars "Making of..." video that contains special effects using Computer graphics on old 1976 computers showing us how it was "Back then" that shows a bit of film history, the birth of computer graphics, Star Wars, I guy saying "unfortunately that reality didn't exist", Star Wars...computer...history...Star...making...Wars...1976...of...computer...uuuuurrrggnnnghhhhhgggg. drooling.


This is Brigitte. Unfortunately, I came home and found Daniel slumped over the keyboard. His head had exploded so, I'm going to have to complete this post for him. He didn't apparently finish the list of the things he loved so I'll finish it for him.


15. Star Wars

16. His wife

17. Good Barbecue

18. Star Wars


Well, that's it for today.


Cheers!

Brigitte


1 comment:

  1. It's great that even Brigitte ranks herself AFTER Star Wars on the list...Now I don't know whether I should go pop Star Wars in the old DVD player or do Maya homework...

    ReplyDelete