Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...




Our friend Todd Stashwick has, of late, been living a geek's dream life.  He has been a costumed/makeupped(?) demon on both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, a Vulcan on Star Trek Enterprise, Dracula on Supernatural, a terminator on Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, and a costumed/super-powered villain on Heroes.

There are trading cards of his character from Buffy and Angel.  Pretty cool right?  Right.  But now the game has changed.  He is in the webcomic for Heroes.  You can check it out here.  Apparently it's chapter 153 so you will have to catch up.  Hurry, I'll wait.  Although I have never seen Heroes (I missed the boat in the beginning and then it was too late to catch up) this looks really cool.  We are going to have to get caught up fast so we can watch it when Todd's episodes start airing.

So, there it is, he is forever immortalized in a comic book.  What is that you say?  It's only a web comic?  Well, I guess you didn't know that at the end of every season they print a graphic novel of the entire season's webcomic, did you?  No, I guess you didn't.  O.K. then.

So to sum up, for the slow ones in the crowd, there is nothing greater for a geek than having yourself immortalized in a comic book.

Except being made into an action figure.

Congratulations Todd.

Cheers!
Daniel


P.S. Somewhere in our apartment is a picture of me as a Simpsons character drawn by an actual Simpsons illustrator.  It was given to me as a gift and I love it.  If I could find it I would show it to you but right now I can not, for the life of me, locate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment