Monday, November 23, 2009

He has to eat too...

I thought that this was the best way a great way a good way a funny way a way to introduce you to "My Doctor," the Fourth Doctor, played by Tom Baker from 1974 to 1981.

I don't know where I first saw Doctor Who. It was probably on PBS after Sesame Street or Electric Company, or, most likely ZOOM, which I watched religiously (I wore my long sleeved shirt for every episode. It was purple and orange with white cuffs and I called it my ZOOM shirt), and it makes sense according to the years they were both on (Zoom ran from '72 to '78.) But I digress.

Where was I? Oh yeah! My Doctor - Tom Baker. Don't get me wrong, Christopher Eccleston was great and I was a little skeptical when David Tennant replaced Eccleston after one season, but I soon was saying Christoper who? Oh, I just realized that the last line looked like a joke (who, get it?, who? Doct... nevermind, it wasn't on purpose anyway.) But no, My Doctor was Tom Baker mainly because I was about 6 or 7 years old when I discovered him. Incidentally, I also discovered Star Wars at the same time. Thus, sealing my fate as a nerd, a geek, a science fiction freak, and all around dork forever.

So without any further ado, here he is, the Fourth Doctor:


Like I said, he has to eat too. If one of you utters the word "shill," comments will be turned off for the rest of the day. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Oh, in case that wasn't enough for you, he was Prince Koura in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad



He was also the narrator on Little Britain. If you don't know what I'm talking about, shame on you.




Cheers!
Daniel

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, Tom Baker will always be the only Doctor Who to me too! I remember wanting a long ass scarf just like his. Part of me still does. ;)

    ReplyDelete